Recently I've read some posts regarding National Accounts. There are a few items I wanted to note.
- Once you have posted a transaction between the parent and the child - the child cannot gain independence again, nor can it run off to a different parent.
- On the Customer Card, the parent needs to have itself as its Parent Customer ID - making them a parent in the National Accounts Maintenance window will automatically accomplish this. If you import the children into the National Accounts master - don't forget this detail.
- If the children are all removed from the parent, the parent will still have itself as its own parent.
- If you want the former parent to become a child of another customer, you will not be able to do it until you take away its Corporate Customer ID (which is its own ID)
- The only way I know of to fix the former parent problem, is to use SQL and remove the record from the RM00105 table (the RM National Accounts Master)
I hope this helps someone who may be struggling with National Accounts.
Live the dream!