Saturday, August 9, 2014

Record the Bar Code in the Item Code field in Inventory

 

We’re all looking for fields we can use for something else without bringing the system down. Inventory is a popular area where we never seem to have enough fields. How many times have you looked through that Item Maintenance window looking for a field you can ‘re-purpose’. I always use the Item Code field. It’s a 15 character string field, but it’s not visible on the window. It’s been in the table for eons, but imagethe powers that be never exposed it on the window. Well, we all have Modifier now, so that’s a quick and easy way to reveal the field .

Here’s my window - I’ve got Item Code in a field above Item Class, but you can put it anywhere you like.

That’s my tip for today!

Until next time,

Leslie

Technorati Tags: ,,

3 comments:

Frank Hamelly said...

Awesome Leslie!! Never knew that was there. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Perfect!!! Just what I was looking for to store the UPC codes.

Sheilajross said...

Great idea and I also like your post on modifying the SOP Entry screen. Genius!